Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Setting the pace...

I spent several hours going over all of the materials and there is a lot to cover. Overwhelming! I started to worry that I bit off more than I could chew. Would 3 months be enough to adequately prepare? I don't have the time to psyche myself out so early into the studying but must focus and devise a workable game plan. From the HRCI website, the current PHR test specifications break down to the following:

1 Strategic Management  12%
2 Workforce Planning and Employment 26%
Human Resource Development 17%
4  Total Rewards 16%
5  Employee and Labor Relations 22%
6  Risk Management 7%

Also, from the HRCI website, the pass rate for the May-June 2008 PHR exam was 60%! Since I am not naturally a great test taker I will also need to pay some attention to preparing myself for that as well. 

(Special note that a lot of feedback from recent PHR testers that there was an ample amount of questions related to Strategic Management -- I will pay some additional attention to that area just in case.)

From a helpful twitter follower, PHRSPHR, I'm receiving daily useful words/terms/phrases for flash cards. I think it will be a good supplement to my study materials. I carry them around and pull them out whenever I have a spare moment.

Tonight's event - From Bogardus' book, tackling the Core Knowledge Requirements for HR Professionals!

No comments:

Post a Comment