Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Chapter 2 : The Challenge of Change -- React, Respond, or Get Trampled

Affliction produces endurance, endurance produces proven character, and proven character produces hope. - Romans 5:3-4


This is one of the two verses introducing Dan Miller's 2nd chapter. This chapter was difficult for me to complete, not because of the distractions that I have going around the household, but more because of some of the content, one of which is "Dealing with Obstacles in Our Path". On one end, I am very certain I'd like to continue to pursue a career in HR, yet on the other, I've just launched a side business to foster my creative side, designing and making whimsical toddler totes. Although it does not make enough to gain me financial security, it is very fun to do. However, it does take time and focus away from doing Dan's 48 days and finding that ideal job that would provide financial security. Dilemmas, dilemmas. Another issue, as Dan addresses handling change, is knowing what is changeless in ourselves, "knowing what God has uniquely gifted you and what you value...Finding a job is a meaningless process until you develop a clear focus that is suited to you."

Dear Lord, please give me the wisdom of discernment. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment